Hello, Rita here!
I participated in the reading challenges of Booktube-A-Thon for the first time and I have to say: I’m not really a fan of readathons (I find them a bit stressful) but this was a lot of fun! I also took part in two of the instagram challenges and had fun with them as well 😊
Here is the wrap-up of the week!
#BTAT17 TBR and challenges:
1. Read a book with a person on the cover: When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon ✔
2. Read a hyped book: A Long Way To A Small Angry Planet by Becky Chambers ✖
3. Finish a book in one day: The Emperor’s Soul by Brandon Sanderson ✔
4. Read about a character that is very different from you: When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon ✔
5. Finish a book completely outdoors: The Demon In The Wood by Leigh Bardugo (this seemed like a better choice than SoC 😂) ✔
6. Read a book you bought because of the cover: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ✖
7. Read seven books: Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde ✔ / Treasure Island ✖ by R. L. Stevenson and A Study in Scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle ✔
I ended up reading 5 books and completed 4 challenges! I really wanted to read 7 books, but even though I picked up short books I guess I’ll have to try again next year (with some manga/graphic novels in my TBR for sure!).
I have really short reviews for 3 of the 5 books I read on my Goodreads, you can check them out by clicking the book titles above.
My favourite book was, without a doubt, When Dimple Met Rishi! I also really liked A Study in Scarlet and I’m very tempted to keep reading about the famous adventures of Mr. Sherlock Holmes while the new season doesn’t come out.
Day 3 – Take a photo of your current read in any type of reflection
Day 6 – Take a photo of your current book with an item that matches its mood